Tuesday, October 25, 2011

More Halloween, The Party

I signed up on the list to bring food to the preschool halloween party on Saturday -- underneath 'pizza' and 'chicken', I wrote down 'quesadillas' with our name. I figure that this way there will be something available that I know my family will eat (the girls are for some reason not very pizza-oriented and I suspect chicken means fried chicken, which they've never seen and I'm okay with that but which likely means shredding the meat off the bone for the baby and disinterest from the preschooler) and that won't make too much of a mess. I will admit up front that I am going to make these from scratch, but it's about the laziest thing ever. It involves an assembly line of tortillas, cheese, and a lot of pans on a stove while I hang out with my husband in the kitchen, followed by him cutting them into triangles and layering in a crockpot to keep warm. Also, store-bought salsa. But, you know, the good kind. Because I like to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment